- About Us
- Updates & News
Specialisterne Canada specializes in working with businesses to help them recruit and integrate individuals on the autism spectrum into their workforce. Specialized recruitment, on-boarding and management practices provide an effective method of assessing candidate and job fit and create an environment that allows new employees, existing employees and managers to be at their best and most productive.
Founded in Denmark in 2004, Specialisterne – Danish for The Specialists – has operations in 14 countries worldwide and was established in Canada in 2013. The expertise Specialisterne has acquired over more than a decade is transferable, and they work closely with their partners to integrate proven practices into their operating environments.
KLAR Solutions is a consulting firm that specializes in the development of custom business apps. As businesses grow they often find themselves with scattered data sources that lead to inefficient processes. Data is often housed in various spreadsheets, software platforms and databases.
KLAR Solutions build robust data solutions that integrate current data with new, efficient methods of data entry. The solutions can be housed locally, or in the cloud for access via the web and mobile devices.
KLAR Solutions can also leverage mobile device functionality to capture signatures, scan bar codes, log location data or capture images from the field. Bringing all business data together in one platform reduces data entry errors and also allows for unprecedented abilities to gain insights into business processes.
KLAR Solutions develop their business apps using the FileMaker platform. FileMaker is a robust database platform with an incredible rapid development architecture. FileMaker is owned by Apple but works just as well on Windows. It has a 27-year history of innovative and secure database solutions.
The unique combination of proven, secure reliability with leading edge development tools, allows KLAR Solutions to create small prototype modules quickly and then build on them to create full-fledged solutions. There is no need to spend hours writing detailed specifications for software that may need to be changed before its even completed. We can start working through one small area at a time, trying various approaches until it works perfectly. This also allows businesses with limited budgets to solve one problem at a time without committing to a large investment up-front.
KLAR Solutions is owned and operated by Chris Andersson. Chris grew up outside Sundsvall in Sweden, son of a visionary plastics manufacturer. As a result, practical clean design is deeply embedded in the DNA of KLAR Solutions. We are also happy to develop bilingual Swedish / English solutions if needed.
Visit us at klarsolutions.com for more information or call 888.920.KLAR(5527)
Are you recruiting Swedish speakers internationally?
Workwide offers your recruitment team an alternative to expensive multilingual recruitment agencies. We operate modern and technology driven job boards that enable cross border recruitments. We make sure your published offering reaches a language specific and talented audience that is interested in international career opportunities.
WE ARE KNOWLEDGABLE
There are currently 660,000 Swedes living abroad and each year around 50,000 more migrate to explore new careers abroad.
WE ARE SPECIFIC
Unlike traditional job boards in Sweden, we only publish vacancies located abroad. We believe in building niched but relevant audiences for our job boards.
WE ARE SERVICE MINDED
We offer full account management – ensuring that your Job Campaigns perform to your expectations and that you get full analytical insight.
We also offer a range of complimentary services to further aid your search for the perfect candidates.
Contact us at:
+46 54 22 44 441
+46 54 22 44 441
With our unique combination of consulting and training expertise, we help nearly 15,000 companies per year in more than 40 countries, and in over 30 languages, to become more efficient and effective in their sales activities, and achieve necessary improvements in results.
How can Mercuri International help your business?
Do you often wonder:
- How do some companies excel in sales?
- What drives their success regardless of sector, size or economic conditions?
- Do their stories offer insights that can help replicate their success?
Have you faced situations like these?
- John, Territory Manager for a large consumer durable distributor is puzzled. Having promoted Michael, his Sales Rep from South Region, John had brought in Robert, to replace Michael. It has been six months, and John is worried as sales are down. Robert had this to say by way of an explanation – “There is something wrong with the South market. I keep meeting customers who don’t know exactly what they want and what kind of solution will meet their needs. I have to constantly overcome objections from current and potential customers”. John had never heard Michael have issues with the market. In fact, Michael had always said that he meets customers who are receptive and open and are fully aware of their needs and solutions. What do you think is happening here?
- ABC Inc is a large computer hardware manufacturer that caters to institutional customers. Their sales portfolio is sizeable and made up of small and large value clients. Peter has come in as their new Head of Sales, and he has been asked to review the Sales Organization Structure. Peter finds that the sales people are deployed by regions. His CEO says that Peter should look at alternative ways of structuring. He wants Peter to benchmark the best in the industry and take a decision. What options does Peter have?
Uncovering Secrets of Sales Excellence
Is Sales Excellence a function of strategy, process, structure or people? One of these? Some of these? All of these? Or is it something more?
What drives sales excellence across organizations irrespective of size, industry, geography and economic conditions?
What makes sales leaders tick?
In search of answers to these questions and more, Mercuri International undertakes periodic worldwide surveys. The latest of these – the Sales Excellence Survey 2017– commissioned in mid-2016, uncovers some of the secrets of sales excellence from top performing companies across 20 countries and 12 industry categories, involving 926 respondents over 80 percent comprising CEOs and Sales Managers. The survey had 53 statements, in four buckets as seen in the Sales Excellence Survey 2017 – Framework – shown below.
Picking the Top Performers and what drove their excellence
Respondents were asked to rate themselves on a scale of 1 to 10, on 7 performance parameters. These scores were used to stack rank the Top 10, Middle 80 and the Bottom 10 percentile performers, from each country, the aggregate of which was taken for the Global stack rank.
To find out what the Top Performers did differently, the respondents were asked to assign scores on a 1 to 7 scale, to 33 sales practices. The practices covered were diverse and comprehensive including elements of Sales Strategy, Sales Process, Support Tools, Sales Behaviors, Sales Rep Competence and Perception / Image of Sales function.
Difference in scores assigned to these drivers by Top 10 performers and the Bottom 10 turned the spotlight on key differentiators that helped the Top 10 excel. This was then aggregated to complete the ‘big picture’ as seen through a single global lens.
Secrets uncovered – The 10 most important drivers of sales excellence
Here are the top 10 Sales Practices on which Top Performers rate themselves significantly higher compared to their bottom peers, listed in the order of decreasing differences between the ratings.
These Sales Practices could be among key drivers of Sales Excellence for Top Performers.
- Each member of your sales team has a systematic account management planning process for each of their Customers – Top performing companies score high in allocating sales resources for each of their Customers such that an account management plan specific to the requirement of every individual Customer is in place.
- Your sales strategy is documented in writing – According to studies, only 14% of all people in a company know its strategy. Top performers seem to overcome this risk by documenting their strategy, for consistency of communication.
- For each step of the sales process / workflow you have defined training modules, checklists / instruments – A process is only as good as its implementation. Top performing companies don’t stop with defining sales processes and workflows. They get better at supporting their people in living those processes by developing training modules, checklists and instruments for each step of the process.
- Your corporate strategy defines explicit sales topics – Companies at the top of the performance spectrum are inclined to take sales beyond being an execution function and leverage the strategic value of sales by ensuring that their corporate strategies include explicit sales elements.
- A detailed description of the steps of the processes / workflows is documented in written form – Flawless execution being the hallmark of good sales, top performing companies attach a premium to documenting detailed descriptions of the sales processes and work flows.
- Your corporate structure fully supports cross functional approaches which are initiated by sales (e.g. matrix structures) – Top performing companies are far ahead at elimination of silos enabling sales to initiate and adopt a cross functional approach with other teams, to address Customer requirements holistically.
- Your CRM tool is integral to the company, populated with relevant information and regularly updated by the sales teams – At top performing companies, CRM serves to hardwire the whole organization to Customer centric approaches. These companies ensure their sales teams update the CRM regularly so as to stay in tune with Customer requirements in real time.
- The image of sales inside your company is excellent – Top performing companies recognize the inherent need for achievement and gratification in the sales mindset. They hold Sales in high esteem. The intrinsic pride of belonging to such an environment in itself could be a powerful driver of performance for sales people.
- You use a blended approach when developing the sales competence of your sales staff (i.e. eLearning or virtual learning combined with classroom training) – Top performing companies leverage the potential of technology in supporting learning initiatives and appear to prefer an approach which blends class room training with virtual learning to develop sales competencies in their sales teams.
- Your sales strategy is clearly defined – Defining a Sales Strategy is the first step to ensuring alignment around its objectives. Doing this much better than others could be one of the big enablers of sales success at top performing companies, getting sales people in diverse and dispersed locations to rally around the sales cause, with clarity and consistency.
Would the Survey Insights be relevant everywhere?
Our world is too varied to be painted with a single brush. While universal perspectives are valid and valuable, everyone cannot be outfitted with a single size. So, in addition to seeing through a global lens, the survey takes a closer look at the holy grail of sales excellence through three other lenses.
3 lenses: Taking a closer look at sales excellence
How do people across various positions in an Organization look at sales excellence?
The survey captures and analyses responses by position of respondents – CEO/Director (41%), Sales Managers (47%) and Others (12%).
How do respondents from different industries look at Sales Excellence?
The survey captures responses across 12 different Industry categories:
|· Manufacturing Industry||· Bank, Finance, Insurance|
|· Other Consumer Goods, Retail||· Chemical|
|· Software, Information technology||· Utilities|
|· Pharma, Medical Devices and Diagnostic||· Telecommunication|
· Raw Material
|· Logistic and Automotive
The industry wise drivers were analyzed in relation to the current state of each industry and the factors likely to impact sales.
How do Organizations of varying sizes look at Sales Excellence?
The responses were from sales organizations of 5 sizes:
- 100 plus sales people
- 51 to 100 sales people
- 26 to 50 sales people
- 10 to 25 sales people
- Less than 10 sales people
This helped make the Survey findings largely size agnostic.
How does the sales community see and manage its world?
Stepping beyond insights offered by the top drivers, the Survey explores if the top performers and bottom performers see their Customers differently.
The survey also peeps into Sales Management Actions such as different ways of structuring the sales organization and the nature and number of targets set, and measures reviewed.
Leveraging the Sales Excellence Survey 2017
The findings and insights from the Survey are available at www.mercuri.net. They have the potential to jumpstart reflections on where one stands vis a vis Global peers. Such reflective diligence in appropriate leadership forums, is sure to light up sparks in uncovering secrets of sales excellence that could take your sales to a higher level.
As it will, for Peter and John!
Doug is an independent Lotscoach® with Scandinavian Leadership.
Scandinavian Leadership, based in Sweden and the U.S., has been on the market as LOTS® for forty three years with assignments in more than 60 countries including Canada. Scandinavian Leadership now has a Canadian Lotscoach® in Toronto who will work in Canada and internationally.
Doug was the President & CEO of Arla Foods in Canada for 22 years and he worked as a Lotscoach® facilitator in Denmark, China, Germany, Netherlands and Russia for Arla Foods. The LOTS® process has also been used in Arla Foods Canada for many years.
As a Lotscoach® Doug will use LOTS® as a leadership tool for facilitating leader, team and business /organizational development.
LOTS® Philosophy and Process
To be able to run a successful business/organization today – and tomorrow – we need structure and a common language that permeates the entire organization.
It should be clear to everyone what we are doing and why, and for whom we are doing it. Having a clear vision of how we would like our world to be increases the possibilities of experiencing meaning, joy and financial success in our organization and makes our work more productive.
LOTS® is a leadership process which provides leaders and co-workers with an inspiring philosophy and tools for reflection, decision making, implementation and follow-up. LOTS® can successfully be applied in big and small issues.
With open process questions accompanied by open analysis questions and reflection tools, LOTS® offers a holistic view throughout the whole process. LOTS® makes us think and act Outside-in and Inside-out in a balanced way, i.e. true customer and stakeholder orientation.
It helps us to get a common view on why we do what we do and how to do it in an appreciated and successful way. LOTS® helps us to move in the same direction in a positive, conscious and profitable way.
You can contact Doug through firstname.lastname@example.org, his phone number: 416 277 0806 or email: email@example.com.
At Go Ahead Tours, creating incredible travel experiences is what we do best. As part of EF Education First, we draw on over 50 years of expertise to continue to grow our portfolio of more than 180 tours to all 7 continents. We’re excited to become an affiliate member of SCCC and look forward making your private and professional travel dreams come true.
Why Go Ahead Tours?
We’re a company of passionate adventurers dedicated to creating the best journey for every traveller.
- Global expertise: Thanks to the global EF network, we have offices all over the world—your clients can count on expert support everywhere they go.
- Flexible travel experiences: Our carefully crafted itineraries offer a balance of sightseeing tours led by local experts and free time for travellers to explore on their own.
- A commitment to quality: Our team considers the details of every itinerary and reads every review we receive to ensure that we’re offering the best possible travel experience.
- An exceptional value: We’re committed to offering amazing experiences at an excellent value. At www.goaheadtours.ca you’ll always find pricing in Canadian dollars.
- Small groups, big connections: Our tour groups are always capped at between 14 to 35 travellers—well below the industry average. A small group of 14 on safari in Botswana and Zimbabwe means better access to remote settings, while up to 28 is the ideal group size for discovering local flavours on a European Food & Wine Tour.
To find out more how we can support your personal and private travel please visit www.goaheadtours.ca or contact Christopher Gentile, Business Development Manager, Go Ahead Tours Canada, at 416.738.4671 or firstname.lastname@example.org or our Vice President, Johan Astrom at email@example.com
October 17, 2016
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
IKEA Canada Commemorates 40 Years of Iconic Design in Canada with
IKEA Then & Now Exhibit
Burlington, ON – IKEA Canada is opening an exhibit in downtown Toronto to celebrate its 40th anniversary in Canada. Hosted at the Design Exchange, Canada’s Design Museum, IKEA Then & Now will take visitors on a journey through the decades to demonstrate how IKEA has helped shape life at home in Canada. The exhibit is free to the public and will run from October 21st to 30th.
IKEA Then & Now tells the story of IKEA in Canada, featuring rooms displaying iconic IKEA furniture from the 1970’s to today, with a glimpse into the future. Inspired by the IKEA Museum in Älmhult, Sweden, the exhibit also pays homage to the ancestry of IKEA home furnishings and its unique democratic design philosophy of creating products that help create a better everyday life through their form, function, quality, sustainability and affordable price.
“Canadians have welcomed IKEA into their homes for the past 40 years and we are delighted to have reached this anniversary together,” said Dave McCabe, Acting President, IKEA Canada. “The IKEA Then & Now exhibit offers visitors a chance to take a trip down memory lane, remembering how our homes have evolved over the last four decades. The exhibit also offers a behind the scenes look at the IKEA brand and business, which we are confident will continue to grow in Canada for the next 40 years and beyond.”
There will be many more things to experience at the exhibit, including a ball pit for both the young and young at heart. Visitors will also have the opportunity to be featured on the front cover of this year’s IKEA Catalogue. And, just for dropping by, visitors will have a chance to win a week-long dream trip for two to the design capital of the world, Stockholm, Sweden.
IKEA Then & Now runs from October 21st to 30th at the Design Exchange, 234 Bay St., Toronto. Admission is free to the public. The hours of operation are as follows: Monday – Friday: 9am – 7pm Saturday & Sunday: 10am – 6pm
About IKEA CANADA
IKEA is a leading home furnishing retailer with 375 stores in more than 50 countries worldwide, which are visited by 884 million people every year. IKEA Canada has 12 stores, an eCommerce virtual store, 6 Pick-up and order points in Quebec City and southern Ontario and two Collection Points in Halifax and Saskatoon. The company also recently announced plans to open stores in Halifax and Quebec City. Last year, IKEA Canada welcomed 25 million visitors to its stores and 75 million visitors to the IKEA.ca website. Founded in 1943, IKEA’s business philosophy is to offer a wide range of products of good design and function at prices so low, the majority of people can afford them. For more information on IKEA, please visit: www.IKEA.ca.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Commercial Public Relations Manager
(416) 646-8182 ext. 2338
Your Business Travel is our Business
VR Travel began in 1969 as Vejle Rejser, in the city of Vejle in Denmark. Back then, there were only three employees and we specialized in leisure travel. Already by the mid-1970s, our focus began to turn to business travel. Today, with nearly 50 employees and a yearly turnover of more than 500,000 million Danish kroner, we are a 100% management-owned, full-service business travel agency with offices in Denmark, Greenland and Canada.
VR Travel takes pride in being 100% neutral – this means we don’t have any hidden agreements with specific travel providers – so you get the best price that’s available according to your travel requirements on every trip. We also strive to give you at least 3 options on your itinerary, so the trip is up to you.
As a VR Travel customer, you will have your own contact persons, who know you and your travel requirements and policies, so you won’t be starting from scratch every time you call.
We provide different levels of service, depending on your needs – from Full Service, where we take care of everything for you, to Self-Service, where you log into our online portal and have access to our special prices and book everything yourself.
Contact us today for an offer tailor-made for your company’s needs. firstname.lastname@example.org
Med venlig hilsen / Best regards
Graham Parkinson is a corporate commercial lawyer with Miller Thomson, practicing primarily out of the Kitchener-Waterloo office.
Graham’s connection with the Nordic countries began when in high school he participated in a Rotary international exchange program and lived for one year in a small town in Norway. During law school at Queen’s University, Graham had an opportunity to use some of his language skills and worked as a research assistant to Prof. Kathleen Lahey on a project concerning Sweden’s use of tax policy to further gender equality. After receiving a scholarship from the Swedish Women’s Educational Association, Toronto, Graham spent the fall of 2013 studying international commercial arbitration and European law at Uppsala University.
Graham is excited to get involved with the Swedish Canadian Chamber of Commerce as a means of maintaining his connection with Sweden and helping to strengthen the relationship between the two countries.
Miller Thomson LLP
295 Hagey Boulevard, Suite 300
Waterloo, Ontario N2L 6R5
Direct Line: 519.593.2425
The following news item might be of interest to members who are wrapping
up their business cycle Fiscal 2015, and planning Fiscal 2016. It was
published by B2B News Network where SCCC member Ann Marie MacDougall,
Founder and President of LeaderBoom Inc., was invited to provide her view
on the Canadian Economy in 2016, as it relates to Small Business Owners.
Also, Ann Marie has provided a link to an interesting summary of “5 Global
Trends Impacting 21st Century Leaders”, for members who might have
interest. Check lnkd.in/eXAreCx
“LeaderBoom Inc. is a globally focused leadership development firm that provides integrated consulting, development and executive coaching. Our mission is to support high performing business cultures, teams, and individuals to encourage and reward innovation, collaboration and intrapreneurial thinking. Our programs are designed to accelerate business performance by expanding the capacity of leaders and teams to collaborate and actualize their performance potential.”