The SCCC is off to an exciting and productive start for 2013!
January 14, 2013: a luncheon discussion, together with a Swedish Parliament delegation, Swedish Institute, Embassy of Sweden, Honorary Council of Toronto, Business Sweden and representatives from the Swedish Canadian business community.
January 31, 2013: The SCCC now have an agreement to collaborate more closely with Embassy Sweden and the newly formed Business Sweden Business Sweden – The Swedish Trade & Invest Council. This will allow for a stronger network with a joint effort for brand “SWEDEN”
from left to right Honorary Council Lars Henriksson, Lennart(Len) P. Kleine incoming Chair SCCC,Swedish Ambassador to Canada, Teppo Taurianen and Kristofer Fröjd, Market Unit Manager Business Sweden-The Swedish Trade & Invest Council
Left to right. Lennart (Len) P. Kleine SCCC , Tuula Kivinen Director of EUCCAN, Milo Vassallo Honorary Member EUCCAN
Before we share our plans for the coming year we would like to
give you some highlights from events held in 2012:
On November 30, 2012 we had our very successful annual event “Lucia – a Celebration of Light.” We had close to 250 guests from 24 different companies. This is the perfect blend of Swedish culture, fun plus a chance to meet all your fellow members and SCCC supporters. The Swedish Lucia Choir of Toronto gave their heartfelt performance that always puts you in the Holiday spirit. Link to Invitation and pictures
September 6th, 2012: Sweden took home the prestigious Nordic Consular Golf Cup, for second year running by scoring 66.54, to beat Finland’s 67.66 and Denmark’s 69.16 . Come join us this year; we are up for a challenge! Link to Invitation and pictures
March 28, 2012: A Nordic collaboration was “Wallstreet” a sold out event featuring prominent speakers from the financial, business and political sector on CETA and the economic outlook in Ontario and Canada. Link to Invitation and pictures
SCCC focus for 2013:
Collaborate & Participate
- Swedish Embassy and Business Sweden – The Swedish Trade and Investment Council (formerly known as The Swedish Trade Council) and all the Swedish Honorary Consuls in Canada.
- Set up a network with all Swedish/Nordic Chambers of Commerce abroad and in Sweden
- Partner with other Business networking organizations in GTA and Canada as well as Business schools and Universities in Ontario
You get maximum value from your membership by participating – but we need your contributions and input!
- Contribute to our blog, newsletter, and website. Everyone appreciates fresh and rich information, and now we can easily provide that as we’ve streamlined the process for adding social content to our blog/website. Sharing your knowledge is a terrific contribution to the group and one of the best ways to gain new insights.
- Actively network and build relationships with other members between our events; It’s why we exist.
- Join one of our committees building events and other specific interest topics, provide strategies, direction and some practical support. Help build the SCCC while also building your own network.
Other ways we plan to increase the value that the SCCC brings to its members and the broader Swedish-Canadian community!
- Build upon our member services by encouraging use of new, enhanced web site options, as well as the many other services membership offers.
- Promote contributions of our members.
- Continue to develop rigorous membership growth and retention efforts.
We have more great events planned for the coming year. Visit blog.sccc.ca to learn more about these event and to register.
|TBA||Wallstreet Nordic – collaboration and EUCOCIT presents The Honourable Ed Fast Minister of International Trade and Minister for the Asia-Pacific Gateway|
|February 21||Board Meeting|
|March 25||CEO Lunch|
|April 18||AGM and Board Meeting|
|April 25||’30 second’ Thursday – Networking at Marche|
|May 10||SCCC – Chairman’s Ball|
|May 27||CEO Lunch|
|June 20||Board Meeting|
|July 25||’30 second’ Thursday – Networking at Marche Patio|
|August 15||Board Meeting|
|September||SCCC BBQ & Crayfish Party|
|September 5||Nordic Consular Golf Cup lll|
|October 17||Board Meeting|
|October 21||CEO Lunch|
|November 21||’30 second’ Thursday – Networking at Marche|
|December 6||SCCC Lucia|
|December 12||Board Meeting|
( Subject to change. Visit www.sccc.ca for updates)
We highly value your membership.
Our Chamber is stronger today because of your continued support. It’s only through your energetic participation that the SCCC continues to thrive. We will work hard to make sure this will be an exciting year of growth and business generating activity for both our chamber and your business!
Click here if you would like to sign up or renew your membership before March 31 2013 to enter our Lucia Lottery – 2 Free Tickets to Lucia Dec 6th 2013! Retail value of approx $350.00.
We’re very excited about working with you and we hope to see you at some of our upcoming events.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us directly via email@example.com or call 416-925-8661.
Your friends and colleagues at the Swedish Canadian Chamber of Commerce.