- About Us
- Updates & News
- Travel & Culture
Specialisterne Canada specializes in working with businesses to help them recruit and integrate individuals on the autism spectrum into their workforce. Specialized recruitment, on-boarding and management practices provide an effective method of assessing candidate and job fit and create an environment that allows new employees, existing employees and managers to be at their best and most productive.
Founded in Denmark in 2004, Specialisterne – Danish for The Specialists – has operations in 14 countries worldwide and was established in Canada in 2013. The expertise Specialisterne has acquired over more than a decade is transferable, and they work closely with their partners to integrate proven practices into their operating environments.
KLAR Solutions is a consulting firm that specializes in the development of custom business apps. As businesses grow they often find themselves with scattered data sources that lead to inefficient processes. Data is often housed in various spreadsheets, software platforms and databases.
KLAR Solutions build robust data solutions that integrate current data with new, efficient methods of data entry. The solutions can be housed locally, or in the cloud for access via the web and mobile devices.
KLAR Solutions can also leverage mobile device functionality to capture signatures, scan bar codes, log location data or capture images from the field. Bringing all business data together in one platform reduces data entry errors and also allows for unprecedented abilities to gain insights into business processes.
KLAR Solutions develop their business apps using the FileMaker platform. FileMaker is a robust database platform with an incredible rapid development architecture. FileMaker is owned by Apple but works just as well on Windows. It has a 27-year history of innovative and secure database solutions.
The unique combination of proven, secure reliability with leading edge development tools, allows KLAR Solutions to create small prototype modules quickly and then build on them to create full-fledged solutions. There is no need to spend hours writing detailed specifications for software that may need to be changed before its even completed. We can start working through one small area at a time, trying various approaches until it works perfectly. This also allows businesses with limited budgets to solve one problem at a time without committing to a large investment up-front.
KLAR Solutions is owned and operated by Chris Andersson. Chris grew up outside Sundsvall in Sweden, son of a visionary plastics manufacturer. As a result, practical clean design is deeply embedded in the DNA of KLAR Solutions. We are also happy to develop bilingual Swedish / English solutions if needed.
Visit us at klarsolutions.com for more information or call 888.920.KLAR(5527)
Are you recruiting Swedish speakers internationally?
Workwide offers your recruitment team an alternative to expensive multilingual recruitment agencies. We operate modern and technology driven job boards that enable cross border recruitments. We make sure your published offering reaches a language specific and talented audience that is interested in international career opportunities.
WE ARE KNOWLEDGABLE
There are currently 660,000 Swedes living abroad and each year around 50,000 more migrate to explore new careers abroad.
WE ARE SPECIFIC
Unlike traditional job boards in Sweden, we only publish vacancies located abroad. We believe in building niched but relevant audiences for our job boards.
WE ARE SERVICE MINDED
We offer full account management – ensuring that your Job Campaigns perform to your expectations and that you get full analytical insight.
We also offer a range of complimentary services to further aid your search for the perfect candidates.
Contact us at:
+46 54 22 44 441
+46 54 22 44 441
With our unique combination of consulting and training expertise, we help nearly 15,000 companies per year in more than 40 countries, and in over 30 languages, to become more efficient and effective in their sales activities, and achieve necessary improvements in results.
How can Mercuri International help your business?
Do you often wonder:
- How do some companies excel in sales?
- What drives their success regardless of sector, size or economic conditions?
- Do their stories offer insights that can help replicate their success?
Have you faced situations like these?
- John, Territory Manager for a large consumer durable distributor is puzzled. Having promoted Michael, his Sales Rep from South Region, John had brought in Robert, to replace Michael. It has been six months, and John is worried as sales are down. Robert had this to say by way of an explanation – “There is something wrong with the South market. I keep meeting customers who don’t know exactly what they want and what kind of solution will meet their needs. I have to constantly overcome objections from current and potential customers”. John had never heard Michael have issues with the market. In fact, Michael had always said that he meets customers who are receptive and open and are fully aware of their needs and solutions. What do you think is happening here?
- ABC Inc is a large computer hardware manufacturer that caters to institutional customers. Their sales portfolio is sizeable and made up of small and large value clients. Peter has come in as their new Head of Sales, and he has been asked to review the Sales Organization Structure. Peter finds that the sales people are deployed by regions. His CEO says that Peter should look at alternative ways of structuring. He wants Peter to benchmark the best in the industry and take a decision. What options does Peter have?
Uncovering Secrets of Sales Excellence
Is Sales Excellence a function of strategy, process, structure or people? One of these? Some of these? All of these? Or is it something more?
What drives sales excellence across organizations irrespective of size, industry, geography and economic conditions?
What makes sales leaders tick?
In search of answers to these questions and more, Mercuri International undertakes periodic worldwide surveys. The latest of these – the Sales Excellence Survey 2017– commissioned in mid-2016, uncovers some of the secrets of sales excellence from top performing companies across 20 countries and 12 industry categories, involving 926 respondents over 80 percent comprising CEOs and Sales Managers. The survey had 53 statements, in four buckets as seen in the Sales Excellence Survey 2017 – Framework – shown below.
Picking the Top Performers and what drove their excellence
Respondents were asked to rate themselves on a scale of 1 to 10, on 7 performance parameters. These scores were used to stack rank the Top 10, Middle 80 and the Bottom 10 percentile performers, from each country, the aggregate of which was taken for the Global stack rank.
To find out what the Top Performers did differently, the respondents were asked to assign scores on a 1 to 7 scale, to 33 sales practices. The practices covered were diverse and comprehensive including elements of Sales Strategy, Sales Process, Support Tools, Sales Behaviors, Sales Rep Competence and Perception / Image of Sales function.
Difference in scores assigned to these drivers by Top 10 performers and the Bottom 10 turned the spotlight on key differentiators that helped the Top 10 excel. This was then aggregated to complete the ‘big picture’ as seen through a single global lens.
Secrets uncovered – The 10 most important drivers of sales excellence
Here are the top 10 Sales Practices on which Top Performers rate themselves significantly higher compared to their bottom peers, listed in the order of decreasing differences between the ratings.
These Sales Practices could be among key drivers of Sales Excellence for Top Performers.
- Each member of your sales team has a systematic account management planning process for each of their Customers – Top performing companies score high in allocating sales resources for each of their Customers such that an account management plan specific to the requirement of every individual Customer is in place.
- Your sales strategy is documented in writing – According to studies, only 14% of all people in a company know its strategy. Top performers seem to overcome this risk by documenting their strategy, for consistency of communication.
- For each step of the sales process / workflow you have defined training modules, checklists / instruments – A process is only as good as its implementation. Top performing companies don’t stop with defining sales processes and workflows. They get better at supporting their people in living those processes by developing training modules, checklists and instruments for each step of the process.
- Your corporate strategy defines explicit sales topics – Companies at the top of the performance spectrum are inclined to take sales beyond being an execution function and leverage the strategic value of sales by ensuring that their corporate strategies include explicit sales elements.
- A detailed description of the steps of the processes / workflows is documented in written form – Flawless execution being the hallmark of good sales, top performing companies attach a premium to documenting detailed descriptions of the sales processes and work flows.
- Your corporate structure fully supports cross functional approaches which are initiated by sales (e.g. matrix structures) – Top performing companies are far ahead at elimination of silos enabling sales to initiate and adopt a cross functional approach with other teams, to address Customer requirements holistically.
- Your CRM tool is integral to the company, populated with relevant information and regularly updated by the sales teams – At top performing companies, CRM serves to hardwire the whole organization to Customer centric approaches. These companies ensure their sales teams update the CRM regularly so as to stay in tune with Customer requirements in real time.
- The image of sales inside your company is excellent – Top performing companies recognize the inherent need for achievement and gratification in the sales mindset. They hold Sales in high esteem. The intrinsic pride of belonging to such an environment in itself could be a powerful driver of performance for sales people.
- You use a blended approach when developing the sales competence of your sales staff (i.e. eLearning or virtual learning combined with classroom training) – Top performing companies leverage the potential of technology in supporting learning initiatives and appear to prefer an approach which blends class room training with virtual learning to develop sales competencies in their sales teams.
- Your sales strategy is clearly defined – Defining a Sales Strategy is the first step to ensuring alignment around its objectives. Doing this much better than others could be one of the big enablers of sales success at top performing companies, getting sales people in diverse and dispersed locations to rally around the sales cause, with clarity and consistency.
Would the Survey Insights be relevant everywhere?
Our world is too varied to be painted with a single brush. While universal perspectives are valid and valuable, everyone cannot be outfitted with a single size. So, in addition to seeing through a global lens, the survey takes a closer look at the holy grail of sales excellence through three other lenses.
3 lenses: Taking a closer look at sales excellence
How do people across various positions in an Organization look at sales excellence?
The survey captures and analyses responses by position of respondents – CEO/Director (41%), Sales Managers (47%) and Others (12%).
How do respondents from different industries look at Sales Excellence?
The survey captures responses across 12 different Industry categories:
|· Manufacturing Industry||· Bank, Finance, Insurance|
|· Other Consumer Goods, Retail||· Chemical|
|· Software, Information technology||· Utilities|
|· Pharma, Medical Devices and Diagnostic||· Telecommunication|
· Raw Material
|· Logistic and Automotive
The industry wise drivers were analyzed in relation to the current state of each industry and the factors likely to impact sales.
How do Organizations of varying sizes look at Sales Excellence?
The responses were from sales organizations of 5 sizes:
- 100 plus sales people
- 51 to 100 sales people
- 26 to 50 sales people
- 10 to 25 sales people
- Less than 10 sales people
This helped make the Survey findings largely size agnostic.
How does the sales community see and manage its world?
Stepping beyond insights offered by the top drivers, the Survey explores if the top performers and bottom performers see their Customers differently.
The survey also peeps into Sales Management Actions such as different ways of structuring the sales organization and the nature and number of targets set, and measures reviewed.
Leveraging the Sales Excellence Survey 2017
The findings and insights from the Survey are available at www.mercuri.net. They have the potential to jumpstart reflections on where one stands vis a vis Global peers. Such reflective diligence in appropriate leadership forums, is sure to light up sparks in uncovering secrets of sales excellence that could take your sales to a higher level.
As it will, for Peter and John!
At Go Ahead Tours, creating incredible travel experiences is what we do best. As part of EF Education First, we draw on over 50 years of expertise to continue to grow our portfolio of more than 180 tours to all 7 continents. We’re excited to become an affiliate member of SCCC and look forward making your private and professional travel dreams come true.
Why Go Ahead Tours?
We’re a company of passionate adventurers dedicated to creating the best journey for every traveller.
- Global expertise: Thanks to the global EF network, we have offices all over the world—your clients can count on expert support everywhere they go.
- Flexible travel experiences: Our carefully crafted itineraries offer a balance of sightseeing tours led by local experts and free time for travellers to explore on their own.
- A commitment to quality: Our team considers the details of every itinerary and reads every review we receive to ensure that we’re offering the best possible travel experience.
- An exceptional value: We’re committed to offering amazing experiences at an excellent value. At www.goaheadtours.ca you’ll always find pricing in Canadian dollars.
- Small groups, big connections: Our tour groups are always capped at between 14 to 35 travellers—well below the industry average. A small group of 14 on safari in Botswana and Zimbabwe means better access to remote settings, while up to 28 is the ideal group size for discovering local flavours on a European Food & Wine Tour.
To find out more how we can support your personal and private travel please visit www.goaheadtours.ca or contact Christopher Gentile, Business Development Manager, Go Ahead Tours Canada, at 416.738.4671 or email@example.com or our Vice President, Johan Astrom at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Business Travel is our Business
VR Travel began in 1969 as Vejle Rejser, in the city of Vejle in Denmark. Back then, there were only three employees and we specialized in leisure travel. Already by the mid-1970s, our focus began to turn to business travel. Today, with nearly 50 employees and a yearly turnover of more than 500,000 million Danish kroner, we are a 100% management-owned, full-service business travel agency with offices in Denmark, Greenland and Canada.
VR Travel takes pride in being 100% neutral – this means we don’t have any hidden agreements with specific travel providers – so you get the best price that’s available according to your travel requirements on every trip. We also strive to give you at least 3 options on your itinerary, so the trip is up to you.
As a VR Travel customer, you will have your own contact persons, who know you and your travel requirements and policies, so you won’t be starting from scratch every time you call.
We provide different levels of service, depending on your needs – from Full Service, where we take care of everything for you, to Self-Service, where you log into our online portal and have access to our special prices and book everything yourself.
Contact us today for an offer tailor-made for your company’s needs. email@example.com
Med venlig hilsen / Best regards
Graham Parkinson is a corporate commercial lawyer with Miller Thomson, practicing primarily out of the Kitchener-Waterloo office.
Graham’s connection with the Nordic countries began when in high school he participated in a Rotary international exchange program and lived for one year in a small town in Norway. During law school at Queen’s University, Graham had an opportunity to use some of his language skills and worked as a research assistant to Prof. Kathleen Lahey on a project concerning Sweden’s use of tax policy to further gender equality. After receiving a scholarship from the Swedish Women’s Educational Association, Toronto, Graham spent the fall of 2013 studying international commercial arbitration and European law at Uppsala University.
Graham is excited to get involved with the Swedish Canadian Chamber of Commerce as a means of maintaining his connection with Sweden and helping to strengthen the relationship between the two countries.
Miller Thomson LLP
295 Hagey Boulevard, Suite 300
Waterloo, Ontario N2L 6R5
Direct Line: 519.593.2425
Backed by technical knowledge and experience, Shadforth Communications provides English editing, English as a Second Language (ESL) editing, and technical writing services to clients in Canada and Europe.
As the owner and company principal, Tahirah Shadforth specializes in delivering business and technical documents that enhance the reputation of her clients. This has been her goal throughout her 18-year career as an editor and technical writer in the defence, health, environment, and telecommunication sectors. Over the years, she has produced documentation for some of Canada’s largest organizations, including the Department of National Defence, Bell Canada, and the Canada Revenue Agency, among others. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in English Literature and a Bachelor of Social Sciences in Political Science from the University of Ottawa.
ESL editing for business
In the global marketplace, businesses require a competitive edge to achieve success and growth. The stakes are even higher for a business communicating in a language that is not its own. Often it can take just a few spelling mistakes or one misquotation for a potential client to judge a company to be careless and the document—be it an annual report, a business plan or a white paper—to be an unreliable source of information.
If you’re a Swedish company or SCCC member doing business in markets where English is the primary language, Shadforth Communications can help by improving the clarity and readability of your documents. With a focus on logic, grammar, spelling, punctuation, usage, and consistency, Tahirah’s review of your documents will ensure that your business will be well positioned to succeed in today’s global economy. To learn more, contact Tahirah directly or visit www.shadforth.com
Firm Profile: Bennett Jones
Bennett Jones LLP is an internationally recognized Canadian law firm. The firm and the affiliated and associated entities that comprise Bennett Jones have more than 380 lawyers and business advisors and 500 staff in nine Canadian and international offices — Calgary, Toronto, Edmonton, Ottawa, Vancouver, Doha, Washington, DC, Bermuda, and a representative office in Beijing. We continue to broaden and deepen our representation of clients in key global business centres, and build our profile and relationships around the world. With exceptional experience in complex cross-border and international transactions, the firm is ideally suited to advise foreign businesses and investors with Canadian ventures, and connect Canadian businesses and investors with opportunities around the world.
Over the years, the firm has produced some of Canada’s most accomplished legal and business leaders, fostering values that established Bennett Jones as one of Canada’s most successful business law firms. As business needs shift, the firm offers clients innovative, strategic and forward-thinking approaches to business. Mutual respect and independent thought are cornerstones of client and colleague interactions, and dedication to excellence extends to how they relate to people. Efforts have not gone unnoticed. Bennett Jones is proud to have been recognized for 13 consecutive years as one of Canada’s 50 Best Employers. www.bennettjones.com.
Member profile: Artem Barsukov
Artem Barsukov practices business law at Bennett Jones with experience in all major areas of corporate law, including dispute resolution through international commercial arbitration. His exposure to multiple legal areas — a rarity in an increasingly specialized profession — makes him an extremely versatile lawyer, able to offer advice on all types of issues facing Swedish businesses in Canada.
Artem has an intense passion for all things Swedish. An avid fan of Saab cars since the tender age of five, and having grown up reading Emil i Lönneberga, he went on to learn Swedish at the University of Alberta and spent a semester studying international business at the Uppsala University. Clearly, this was not enough Sweden for him, as Artem went on to return several times, spending almost a year in Sweden overall. Artem has business proficiency in both spoken and written Swedish. He maintains it on a daily basis by listening to live feeds of Sveriges Radio on his daily commute to the office and reading Dagens Industri during his free time.
With his knowledge of Swedish language and culture, Artem can act as a link between your Swedish business and the vast expertise and resources Bennett Jones has to offer. If you need a trusted business advisor who can — literally — speak your language, understand your unique business needs and philosophy, or effectively represent you in negotiations involving Swedish counterparts, look no further.
Artem is admitted to practice in both Ontario and Alberta.
For more information, please contact Artem directly or visit www.bennettjones.com.
Artem N. Barsukov
Associate, Bennett Jones LLP
3400 One First Canadian Place, P.O. Box 130, Toronto, ON M5X 1A4
Direct: +1 (416) 777-4865 | Fax: +1 (416) 863-1716
Landing Point connects European companies wanting to launch their products in North America to the market through a suite of services built to facilitate rapid success.
These services include:
Market Launch Advisory and Planning
- Plan the launch – determine risks and opportunities, go / no go
Business Development and Introductory Services
- Meet the C-suite, speak at the right events, sell at the right level
Workplace and Meeting Solutions
- Strategically Located Offices
Logistics and Distribution Solutions
- Warehousing and distribution services at transport hub
Professional and Back Office Operational Support Services
- Focus on sales, not administration
For more information please go to http://www.landingpt.com/home.html
Mr. Kayvon Khalili