- About Us
- Updates & News
Friday, December 15, 2017
7:30 PM – 10:00 PM EST
Metropolitan United Church
56 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON M5C 2Z3
Swing into the merry season with the Orpheus Choir, one of Toronto’s most distinguished & important choirs.
Expect high-energy chart toppers from the Bob DeAngelis Big Band and acclaimed jazz pianist John Sherwoord, alongside Nils Lindberg’s sparkling Christmas Cantata and other festive favourites!
40% discount for SCCC Members and Friends!
Use the promo code: Nils40
With our unique combination of consulting and training expertise, we help nearly 15,000 companies per year in more than 40 countries, and in over 30 languages, to become more efficient and effective in their sales activities, and achieve necessary improvements in results.
How can Mercuri International help your business?
Do you often wonder:
- How do some companies excel in sales?
- What drives their success regardless of sector, size or economic conditions?
- Do their stories offer insights that can help replicate their success?
Have you faced situations like these?
- John, Territory Manager for a large consumer durable distributor is puzzled. Having promoted Michael, his Sales Rep from South Region, John had brought in Robert, to replace Michael. It has been six months, and John is worried as sales are down. Robert had this to say by way of an explanation – “There is something wrong with the South market. I keep meeting customers who don’t know exactly what they want and what kind of solution will meet their needs. I have to constantly overcome objections from current and potential customers”. John had never heard Michael have issues with the market. In fact, Michael had always said that he meets customers who are receptive and open and are fully aware of their needs and solutions. What do you think is happening here?
- ABC Inc is a large computer hardware manufacturer that caters to institutional customers. Their sales portfolio is sizeable and made up of small and large value clients. Peter has come in as their new Head of Sales, and he has been asked to review the Sales Organization Structure. Peter finds that the sales people are deployed by regions. His CEO says that Peter should look at alternative ways of structuring. He wants Peter to benchmark the best in the industry and take a decision. What options does Peter have?
Uncovering Secrets of Sales Excellence
Is Sales Excellence a function of strategy, process, structure or people? One of these? Some of these? All of these? Or is it something more?
What drives sales excellence across organizations irrespective of size, industry, geography and economic conditions?
What makes sales leaders tick?
In search of answers to these questions and more, Mercuri International undertakes periodic worldwide surveys. The latest of these – the Sales Excellence Survey 2017– commissioned in mid-2016, uncovers some of the secrets of sales excellence from top performing companies across 20 countries and 12 industry categories, involving 926 respondents over 80 percent comprising CEOs and Sales Managers. The survey had 53 statements, in four buckets as seen in the Sales Excellence Survey 2017 – Framework – shown below.
Picking the Top Performers and what drove their excellence
Respondents were asked to rate themselves on a scale of 1 to 10, on 7 performance parameters. These scores were used to stack rank the Top 10, Middle 80 and the Bottom 10 percentile performers, from each country, the aggregate of which was taken for the Global stack rank.
To find out what the Top Performers did differently, the respondents were asked to assign scores on a 1 to 7 scale, to 33 sales practices. The practices covered were diverse and comprehensive including elements of Sales Strategy, Sales Process, Support Tools, Sales Behaviors, Sales Rep Competence and Perception / Image of Sales function.
Difference in scores assigned to these drivers by Top 10 performers and the Bottom 10 turned the spotlight on key differentiators that helped the Top 10 excel. This was then aggregated to complete the ‘big picture’ as seen through a single global lens.
Secrets uncovered – The 10 most important drivers of sales excellence
Here are the top 10 Sales Practices on which Top Performers rate themselves significantly higher compared to their bottom peers, listed in the order of decreasing differences between the ratings.
These Sales Practices could be among key drivers of Sales Excellence for Top Performers.
- Each member of your sales team has a systematic account management planning process for each of their Customers – Top performing companies score high in allocating sales resources for each of their Customers such that an account management plan specific to the requirement of every individual Customer is in place.
- Your sales strategy is documented in writing – According to studies, only 14% of all people in a company know its strategy. Top performers seem to overcome this risk by documenting their strategy, for consistency of communication.
- For each step of the sales process / workflow you have defined training modules, checklists / instruments – A process is only as good as its implementation. Top performing companies don’t stop with defining sales processes and workflows. They get better at supporting their people in living those processes by developing training modules, checklists and instruments for each step of the process.
- Your corporate strategy defines explicit sales topics – Companies at the top of the performance spectrum are inclined to take sales beyond being an execution function and leverage the strategic value of sales by ensuring that their corporate strategies include explicit sales elements.
- A detailed description of the steps of the processes / workflows is documented in written form – Flawless execution being the hallmark of good sales, top performing companies attach a premium to documenting detailed descriptions of the sales processes and work flows.
- Your corporate structure fully supports cross functional approaches which are initiated by sales (e.g. matrix structures) – Top performing companies are far ahead at elimination of silos enabling sales to initiate and adopt a cross functional approach with other teams, to address Customer requirements holistically.
- Your CRM tool is integral to the company, populated with relevant information and regularly updated by the sales teams – At top performing companies, CRM serves to hardwire the whole organization to Customer centric approaches. These companies ensure their sales teams update the CRM regularly so as to stay in tune with Customer requirements in real time.
- The image of sales inside your company is excellent – Top performing companies recognize the inherent need for achievement and gratification in the sales mindset. They hold Sales in high esteem. The intrinsic pride of belonging to such an environment in itself could be a powerful driver of performance for sales people.
- You use a blended approach when developing the sales competence of your sales staff (i.e. eLearning or virtual learning combined with classroom training) – Top performing companies leverage the potential of technology in supporting learning initiatives and appear to prefer an approach which blends class room training with virtual learning to develop sales competencies in their sales teams.
- Your sales strategy is clearly defined – Defining a Sales Strategy is the first step to ensuring alignment around its objectives. Doing this much better than others could be one of the big enablers of sales success at top performing companies, getting sales people in diverse and dispersed locations to rally around the sales cause, with clarity and consistency.
Would the Survey Insights be relevant everywhere?
Our world is too varied to be painted with a single brush. While universal perspectives are valid and valuable, everyone cannot be outfitted with a single size. So, in addition to seeing through a global lens, the survey takes a closer look at the holy grail of sales excellence through three other lenses.
3 lenses: Taking a closer look at sales excellence
How do people across various positions in an Organization look at sales excellence?
The survey captures and analyses responses by position of respondents – CEO/Director (41%), Sales Managers (47%) and Others (12%).
How do respondents from different industries look at Sales Excellence?
The survey captures responses across 12 different Industry categories:
|· Manufacturing Industry||· Bank, Finance, Insurance|
|· Other Consumer Goods, Retail||· Chemical|
|· Software, Information technology||· Utilities|
|· Pharma, Medical Devices and Diagnostic||· Telecommunication|
· Raw Material
|· Logistic and Automotive
The industry wise drivers were analyzed in relation to the current state of each industry and the factors likely to impact sales.
How do Organizations of varying sizes look at Sales Excellence?
The responses were from sales organizations of 5 sizes:
- 100 plus sales people
- 51 to 100 sales people
- 26 to 50 sales people
- 10 to 25 sales people
- Less than 10 sales people
This helped make the Survey findings largely size agnostic.
How does the sales community see and manage its world?
Stepping beyond insights offered by the top drivers, the Survey explores if the top performers and bottom performers see their Customers differently.
The survey also peeps into Sales Management Actions such as different ways of structuring the sales organization and the nature and number of targets set, and measures reviewed.
Leveraging the Sales Excellence Survey 2017
The findings and insights from the Survey are available at www.mercuri.net. They have the potential to jumpstart reflections on where one stands vis a vis Global peers. Such reflective diligence in appropriate leadership forums, is sure to light up sparks in uncovering secrets of sales excellence that could take your sales to a higher level.
As it will, for Peter and John!
Doug is an independent Lotscoach® with Scandinavian Leadership.
Scandinavian Leadership, based in Sweden and the U.S., has been on the market as LOTS® for forty three years with assignments in more than 60 countries including Canada. Scandinavian Leadership now has a Canadian Lotscoach® in Toronto who will work in Canada and internationally.
Doug was the President & CEO of Arla Foods in Canada for 22 years and he worked as a Lotscoach® facilitator in Denmark, China, Germany, Netherlands and Russia for Arla Foods. The LOTS® process has also been used in Arla Foods Canada for many years.
As a Lotscoach® Doug will use LOTS® as a leadership tool for facilitating leader, team and business /organizational development.
LOTS® Philosophy and Process
To be able to run a successful business/organization today – and tomorrow – we need structure and a common language that permeates the entire organization.
It should be clear to everyone what we are doing and why, and for whom we are doing it. Having a clear vision of how we would like our world to be increases the possibilities of experiencing meaning, joy and financial success in our organization and makes our work more productive.
LOTS® is a leadership process which provides leaders and co-workers with an inspiring philosophy and tools for reflection, decision making, implementation and follow-up. LOTS® can successfully be applied in big and small issues.
With open process questions accompanied by open analysis questions and reflection tools, LOTS® offers a holistic view throughout the whole process. LOTS® makes us think and act Outside-in and Inside-out in a balanced way, i.e. true customer and stakeholder orientation.
It helps us to get a common view on why we do what we do and how to do it in an appreciated and successful way. LOTS® helps us to move in the same direction in a positive, conscious and profitable way.
You can contact Doug through firstname.lastname@example.org, his phone number: 416 277 0806 or email: email@example.com.
Your Business Travel is our Business
VR Travel began in 1969 as Vejle Rejser, in the city of Vejle in Denmark. Back then, there were only three employees and we specialized in leisure travel. Already by the mid-1970s, our focus began to turn to business travel. Today, with nearly 50 employees and a yearly turnover of more than 500,000 million Danish kroner, we are a 100% management-owned, full-service business travel agency with offices in Denmark, Greenland and Canada.
VR Travel takes pride in being 100% neutral – this means we don’t have any hidden agreements with specific travel providers – so you get the best price that’s available according to your travel requirements on every trip. We also strive to give you at least 3 options on your itinerary, so the trip is up to you.
As a VR Travel customer, you will have your own contact persons, who know you and your travel requirements and policies, so you won’t be starting from scratch every time you call.
We provide different levels of service, depending on your needs – from Full Service, where we take care of everything for you, to Self-Service, where you log into our online portal and have access to our special prices and book everything yourself.
Contact us today for an offer tailor-made for your company’s needs. firstname.lastname@example.org
Med venlig hilsen / Best regards
Our new Volvo is on the road!
Thanks to Volvo Canada, we are driving a new XC-70 with the traditional Chamber wrap (Swedish flag on one side; Canadian flag on the other). In addition to this generous contribution, Volvo has also extended a special offer to SCCC members.
Great benefits with Volvo’s A-Plan Program.
Looking to buy a new car in 2016? Buy Swedish and get great quality and a great deal as a member of the Swedish-Canadian Chamber of Commerce.
Volvo’s transformation is in full bloom with new models and new product investments such as Drive-E power trains and connectivity that links Volvo cars to the world. Refined Scandinavian design and safety strengthen Volvo’s commitment to its “Designed Around You” philosophy.
As a member of the Swedish-Canadian Chamber of Commerce, you’ll get the same pricing as employees of Volvo Canada when you purchase your new vehicle from one of 36 Volvo retailers. The offer includes all ongoing Volvo Canada retail promotions and offers including, Loyalty (when applicable).
Transparent A-Plan discounted pricing is approximately 4% off MSRP on eligible models (the same price Volvo Car of CANADA employees pay). Exclusive offer for SCCC members at Volvo Cars of Canada.
SCCC members: No need to register or generate a PIN, just provide proof of eligibility to the selling dealer at the time of the order: http://www.volvocars.com/en-ca
Novotel Ottawa extends a special offer to the members of the Swedish-Canadian Chamber of Commerce. (Superior room rate 151 $ plus applicable taxes) The rate includes breakfast and free WIFI.
Located across the street from the Rideau Mall, 300 meters from the Shaw Conference Centre, a short walk to the downtown business district, the Byward Market, Parliament Hill, the Rideau Canal and several national museums. Please visit the Novotel Ottawa website for more information and amenities. www.novotelottawa.com
Please make your reservation by calling 1-866-677-3033 (toll free) or email email@example.com Be sure to mention that you are with the Swedish-Canadian Chamber of Commerce to receive the special rates.
Why escape the winter chill when you can embrace it! As a SCCC member you enjoy this awesome privilege program.
Terms & Conditions:
Privilege Savings %20
Privilege Savings percentage applies to all Scandinave Spa locations.
Actual price for Scandinavian Baths access varies at each location.
The Baths are limited in capacity, this offer does not guarantee access upon arrival.
No reservations required. Taxes are not included.
Guests must be 19+ years old.
Bathing Suits are mandatory, sandals recommended.
2 Towels, a locker & key are provided upon check-in.
Valid Sundays through Fridays only.
Promotional rate is per person.
Coupon must be presented upon arrival. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for Your code.
Volvo and Aeroplan® are proud to announce a new
partnership that will take Volvo drivers even farther.
Beginning September 4th, Volvo customers are able to earn Aeroplan Miles on the purchase, lease or financing of select new Volvo cars, along with earning miles on everything from test drives and servicing to parts and accessories at participating Volvo Retailers.
Contact your local participating Volvo retailers for more details.
For more information about Member to Member benefits from Volvo Oakville and Hamilton [Click Here…]
Corporate Traveller benefits from the strong global presence, established industry relations and world-wide recognition of the Flight Centre brand with a global network of more than 16,000 front line staff, across 78 countries and more than 30 corporate and wholesale brands.
Organizations that opt for web bookings forgo the value-added benefits that can only be driven by holistic travel management. On average, organizations that do not partner with a professional travel manager spend 24% more on annual travel budgets than organizations that do. Is your business at a major disadvantage?
In just the few short minutes required to become better acquainted with your current business travel, Corporate Traveller will open up a world of convenience, savings and efficiencies for your organization.
Member to Member benefits
As a current business member of the SCCC , Corporate Traveller will waive the associated booking fee on your first three business travel bookings in addition to Corporate Traveller’s long list of benefits including:
- Dedicated person to person Travel Management
- Immediate Response Policy
- 24/7 emergency travel assistance from anywhere in the world
- Fully customized monthly reporting
- An all-inclusive one flat rate booking fee structure – no charge for changes, hotel or car reservations
- No contracts
- Turnkey service for group booking and conference needs
- Assistance with personal leisure travel
With no contracts or start up fees, we do business on a handshake. Why not bring an expert on board?
For more information please contact me directly or visit www.corporatetraveller.ca
Andy Carlson | Business Development Manager | Corporate Traveller
1 Dundas St. West, Suite 200 | Toronto, ON M5G 1Z3 | Ph: (416) 998-7845| Fax: (416) 921-8040