September 20, 2018: Using International Arbitration as a Vehicle for Effective Resolution of Cross-Border Disputes Under CETA
Swedish-Canadian Chamber of Commerce Fall Meeting (Free Event)
Using International Arbitration as a Vehicle for Effective Resolution of Cross-Border Disputes
Please join the Board of Directors and Members of the Swedish-Canadian Chamber of Commerce for an evening of networking and presentations on the topic of International Arbitration and its effectiveness in resolving commercial and investment disputes across state borders.
Hosted by Bennett Jones LLP, and held in collaboration with the European-Canadian Chamber of Commerce and Team Sweden, this evening will provide an opportunity to meet and mingle with fellow European-Canadian business leaders and hear from leading legal experts on the latest trends and developments in International Arbitration.
Topics addressed will include the following:
- Resolving cross-border disputes through International Arbitration
- Understanding Commercial and Investor-State Arbitration
- Changes proposed under CETA to Investor-State Arbitration involving Canada and the EU
- Unique mechanisms available in International Arbitration to ensure effective enforcement of judgements across borders
- Other benefits of using International Arbitration for dispute resolution
Space is limited. Please reserve your free seat by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 416-925.8661
Date: September 20, 2018
Venue: Bennett Jones LLP
3400 First Canadian Place, Suite 3400, Toronto, ON, M5X 1A4
5:30 pm – Welcome cocktails
6:00 pm – 7:00 pm – Presentations
7:00 pm – 7:30 pm – Networking cocktails
This event is in collaboration with the Swedish-Canadian Chamber of Commerce and Bennett Jones LLP.